Frequently Asked Questions
How much do your collections cost?
We carry a range of collections that offer a variety of price points to suit different budgets, ranging from £900 to £3000. This does not include alteration fees.
When should I start looking for a dress?
In our experience, 12 months is the ideal length of time. This will enable you to have a couple of months gathering ideas and inspiration but still leave you with an adequate amount of time to place your order in accordance with our designers’ lead times.
What can I expect from my first appointment at The Bridal Courtyard?
Choosing your wedding dress should be both enjoyable and fun, which is why we celebrate this uniquely wonderful experience with a glass of bubbly when you walk through our door.
Our initial appointments are 90mins long, during which you can expect to try on a selection of different gowns. We advise you to keep an open mind and try some styles that we suggest, even if you think you might not like them; you’ll be surprised at what suits you and what doesn’t. We often present a suggestion that you fall in love with and sometimes you’ll discover something you had your heart set on simply doesn’t work at all.
Our bridal stylists will help you choose a dress that compliments not only the design concept for your day, but also your body shape and, most importantly, your personality.
Do you charge for appointments?
We want your bridal shopping experience with us to be as memorable as the big day itself and we do our upmost to ensure that you have a comfortable and fun experience with us. We offer you full exclusive use of our boutique and our focus is on you and your guests and delivering you that perfect balance of beautiful gowns, down to earth and pressure free service in a stunning environment. Like most other boutique’s, we charge a consultation fee of £15 midweek and £25 weekend for our appointments. This fee is completely redeemable from your dress purchase. If you don’t find your gown we will issue you with a credit note which you can spend on any veils, accessories, jewellery or head pieces for you or your bridesmaids either on the day of your appointment or at a later date.
How do I book an appointment?
Simply complete your information on the link at ‘Contact & Book’ telling us when you want to book. We will get back to you ‘tout-suite’ and let you know if we have the availability on the date that you are looking for. When you book with us we will ask for a bank transfer of the consultation fee and once confirmed, we will send you across a pre-appointment questionnaire which we ask you to complete to help us plan your appointment
How do the sample sizes work?
As with all bridal boutiques, our dresses are sample sizes, meaning that it’s unlikely that they will fit you perfectly. Don’t worry, we will do our best to give you an indication of how the same dress would look in your size, but some imagination may be required to envisage how the dress will sit once it’s made to your size.
What should I wear to my appointment?
You are going to be hopping in and out of dresses, so first of all we suggest you wear underwear that you don’t mind being seen in! It might seem obvious, but do try to wear flesh-coloured, seamless underwear if possible (neon thongs tend to show up beneath delicate material!).
Alongside this, try to wear a good, uplifting strapless bra. Bad underwear affects the way material sits whereas good underwear will help the gown look its best. We can provide shoes for your appointment, but as soon as you’ve purchased your actual wedding shoes, make sure to bring them along to all subsequent appointments as these will affect your alterations later on.
Our payment procedure
We require a non-refundable deposit at the time of purchase which is the equivalent of 50% of the full amount of the dress. The balance of your dress is due when you come for your first fitting. Please be aware that we are not able to offer refunds or exchanges and that all sales are therefore final.
Our COVID-19 Procedures
- As we have done previously, we will be operating by appointment only.
- We will be asking all guests to sanitise their hands upon entering the boutique & temperatures will be taken with our non-contact thermometer.
- A maximum of 2/3 additional guests to attend with you to your appointment.
- All guests to the boutique must wear a face-mask on arrival and throughout the duration of the appointment.
- Each appointment will be a maximum of 1.5 hours to allow us time to steam and clean in between appointments. Please arrive on time to your appointment but try not to arrive early as we may not be able to allow access to the boutique until we have completed our between appointment cleaning.
- Please bring your own shoes if you would like to wear heels during your appointment.
- The boutique will be deep cleaned thoroughly after each appointment and our dresses that have been tried on will be steamed after each appointment.
- If you or your guest are feeling unwell please do not attend your appointment. Please contact us and we will happily rearrange your appointment for you.